Gauntlet 2015 Show - 4th & 5th July - Confirmed
The club is pleased to annouce that Gauntlet 2015 will be held on Saturday the 4th and Sunday the 5th of July.
Various War Games, Boardgames and Card Games by members.
£2 per person for the entire weekend.
Painting competition - Here are the categories for the painting competition :-
- Historical (from 6mm or 1/300 upto 54mm or 1/32 scale) - Single figure
- Historical (from 6mm or 1/300 upto 54mm or 1/32 scale) - Unit (12 foot or 6 mounted minimum)
- Historical from 6mm or 1/300 upto 54mm or 1/32 scale) - Ordnance/Vehicle (covering everything from elephants to artillery and tanks to planes)
- Scifi and Fantasy (from 6mm or 1/300 upto 54mm or 1/32 scale) - Single figure
- Scifi and Fantasy (from 6mm or 1/300 upto 54mm or 1/32 scale) - Unit (12 foot or 6 mounted minimum)
- Scifi and Fantasy (from 6mm or 1/300 upto 54mm or 1/32 scale) - creature/vehicle
- Other - covering anything not covered above (e.g. small scale naval 1/600; dioramas with less than 12 foot or 6 mounted figures; micro scale 1/1200 or smaller starships)
- Junior - any of the above but submitted by someone 16 or under.
The entrant fee is 50p per item entered, prize awards for the first 3 entrants.
Tea/Coffee available (self service) upstairs. Snacks, dinner and bar downstairs.
Trade stands listed below :-
- Icarus Miniatures - New wargames company based in North Wales
- The Baggage Train - Various scale figures and scenery Tel: 07946365326
- e-Collectica Games - Boardgames, Card Games and more Tel: 07504 436695
- Black Pyramid Games (TBC) - Wargames
- Tom Thonkinson - Painted and Unpainted Single Figures and Units
Running Since 2004, the Gauntlet Wargames Show is a two day player event focused around playing wargames and board games. Usually held the first weekend in July each year.
Where other shows can focus toward trading and retail, Gauntlet is designed to be an open gaming weekend, with room for tournaments and traders alike. So if you don't decide to sign up for a tournament, why not simply come along and observe this wonderful hobby
Other games will be held by club members for people to observe in a friendly show environment.
The venue traditionally has been the Airbus Dining Hall, up stairs above the Wings Social Club, which previously served as part of the Avro Lancaster engine production line during WW2 and gives us a large and spacious venue, with licensed bar and beverages downstairs and a tea and coffee bar in the main hall run by the club. Some info on previous events can be found here: Previous Events.
The Gauntlet Wargames and Gaming Show has been run by the club since 2004 as a friendly player based open event focused on actual gaming, competitions, participation and demonstration games. The club invites players from across the country to join us for our event! If you have any questions about the event, please contact us.